Tuesday 13 August 2013

Injury Frustration and taking a walk

It's funny how I seem to get injured once a year and it's been in the same month! It's also a funny story about how the unjury came about.

Rocking up to the Physio on a monday night I sat in the waiting room debating how to explain to the physio how I hurt myself without him 1. throwing me out of his office or 2. having a good old laugh at my expense! It went like this...

Physio - What brings you here today?
Sarah - I think I have hurt my leg along my groin, it hurts to change gear whilst driving and I cannot run.
Physio - How and when did the injury occur?
Sarah - It happened on the 24th July when I tried to mount an elephant at Chester Zoo
Physio - Well I've never heard anything like that before! Lets take a look.

Here is the elephant in question... you'll be pleased to see it isn't a real elephant and I'm not completely mad!

After an assessment from the physio and me having tears streaming down my face I was then told I had torn my hip flexor at grade 1. Not good news but better news than a grade 2-3. I had ultrasound therapy and outcome was no running for two weeks, daily stretches to do and no more mounting elephants.

Needless to say I won't be attempting that again. It's left me in a pickle as I have Puckrup Hall 5 mile race Sunday the 18th August only 10 days after being told not to run for two weeks. I went for a 3 mile stroll around the woods last night and still have a slight pain in my thigh but not half as bad as it was previously. It's funny how you take in different views and notice more when you are walking not running but if it wasn't for me wearing sandals I'm sure I would have attempted a little jog.

Fingers crossed I'm all fixed for Sunday else it will be yet another race I have had to pull out of this year due to health/injury problems.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the injury is improving Sarah, god damn you pesky elephant! Really enjoyed reading your top couple of posts, will definitely make time this evening to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete