Monday 25 November 2013

How many medals! Running Tattoos and Run the World with Run for Fun

With it coming closer to the end of the year and only one more race booked before 2014 I decided it was time I sorted out my medal collection and purchased a new bar to hang my haul on.


And here it is... brilliant plenty of room on that bottom bar for some new ones in 2014 starting with Torremolinos and London!
My latest addition is the Run the World with Run for Fun medal. An event created by Maureen in the facebook group Run for Fun with the amount of members that signed up we each had to run 300 miles between the 1st January 2013 and the 18th November and we smashed it!

Run the world officially finished with a total miles for the year of 60,565.8 thats 2.43 times around the world and what fun we had doing it collectively as a group being updated each month with where we had visited. My contribution to this total was 538 miles.



 

Having not ran since the 17th November now due to my injury although the physio said I can run just not as much I'm feeling like I need a break so taking another week off from running making two weeks rest in total which I'm hoping will see me coming back stronger and injury free. Taking advantage of this two week break I decided to get my second or you could call it second and third running tattoos done on the back of my ankles. In April they will be complete with my finish time and date for the London Marathon added underneath the writing. It's a great phrase because really it's simple when the going gets tough in a race just keep running same as in life whatever it throws at you just keep moving forwards and you'll get there in the end.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment