Monday 2 December 2013

Run For fun 5k Christmas Run

I love my birthday for two reasons, one it's my birthday obviously and two the 1st of December is the annual Run For Fun 5k Christmas Run. Another event created by Maureen in the facebook group Run for Fun, we can either run 5k on our own, as part of a training run, in an event, or a few funners that live near to each other met up and ran it as a Run For Fun event. For our efforts we were rewarded with a goody bag put together by Maureen with a christmas hat, chocolate goodies and a rudolph medal. One of the best things about these events is they are flexible, some people do them sooner or later than the 1st December, some run, some jog, some walk or a mixture of all three! As I am injured still and not running properly, I went out and ran 1 mile but will be doing the full 5k later in the week. And here I am with my ever so stylish Elf hat and medal.



And here's some of the Run for Fun that was seen across the country yesterday, the only day other than the 25th December that you will see Snowmen, Santas, Reindeer and elves causing mischief!



No comments:

Post a Comment