Monday 23 December 2013

Day two of marathon training and what an improvement!

So it's day two.. don't worry I won't be blogging everyday but with plans to publish a book on my running in 2015 I am finding it useful to keep a check of certain things but after this week I will be blogging weekly about marathon training and of course the races I have coming up and my end of year tally up.

Where was I? Day two... before I even looked outside I could tell, as my scottish funner friends say, it was blowing a hoolie out there and after yesterdays poor effort I decided I'd give todays run a bash on the treadmill, though with the treadmill being in the spare room the scenery wasn't the best what with a clothes horse full of clean clothes to iron and put away and a full basket of clothes to wash....bah!

Last time I used my watch on the treadmill it actually worked they were totally in sync with time, miles and indeed speed this time however was a different matter, maybe this is something to do with the master reset I had to perform yesterday? Anyway if you listen to my watch it will have you believing I ran 2.88 miles in 40 minutes at around 13 minute miles.. now I know my training plan was a 40 minute easy run but seriously!? I was running at 6.4 mph on the treadmill as opposed to my usual 5.7mph outdoors and THATS 10 minute miling.

I've decided to go with the treadmill readout which was 4.01 miles in 40 minutes as I know I wasn't running or even walking 13 minute miles. With that run in the bag I felt great after the first mile with a slight twinge in my left glute that soon disappeared I actually enjoyed the run. I'm not sure I can say the same for my next door  neighbor as I don't know which was louder my thud thud shake shake of feet pounding or my ghastly very loud singing to my new favorite cheesy tune Pitbull & Kesha Timber!  Either way the 4 mile run was done, abs ripper is also done and I even threw in a weight session on the arms and of course as I'm being a good runner from now on I even did my stretches.

Let the endorphines flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment