Tuesday 14 January 2014

Injury, Frustration and worry

The only thing I can really say in this blog is that I will not be running... for at least two weeks.. maybe for three.

After Sundays long run of 12 miles I awoke yesterday with a very bad pain in my hamstring and now also the front of my right thigh to the extent I am limping. Not good news in fact it's utter crap! Just how I feel right now.

With Torremolinos around the corner I have had to make the difficult desicion to not run until possibly two days before the race to 'test' my leg out but certainly no proper running until race day where I must sign a disclaimer to say I'm fit to run. Easy you say, you've got the miles in your legs you've ran over 12 half marathons before whats the problem.. the problem is me worrying about the tight time limit of the race which I'd be close to on a good day let alone after three weeks off and with the possibility of still having an injury. I know I could have three weeks off, run my hardest in Torremolinos get a good time, finish then be out of action for a further three weeks or longer.. this i'm willing to take though i'm also frustrated that I will be missing at least three weeks out of my marathon training but I will run a marathon from sheer determination and stubborness alone the fitness just makes the whole experience more fun.

My life from now on will consist of wearing a leg support which seemed to ease the limping last night, foam rollering every day no matter how painful and doing numerous stretches to try to resolve the problem that is ruining my running life! Still it will give me a chance to focus on weight sessions for the upper body and core work so I'll have that 6 pack bikini body I wanted after all.

I will also be replacing my long sunday runs with a short bike ride to keep my fitness up and swimming to help my breathing. The whole thing is just a big worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment