Friday 18 May 2012

A funny old week of not running

Well what a week it hasn't been on the running front! Not quite sure if this is normal and a lot of runners go through phases but this week since the Blackpool 10k on Sunday I have had no desire to run.... at all.

I forced myself out of the front door Wednesday and mustered up the energy to do 2 miles admittedly it was a personal record for 2 miles at 18 minutes 3 seconds, though I think having a wrestling match with my new lawn mower and being infuriated at how difficult it was to put together just before contributed to the speed and me pounding the pavements with my feet rather than my fists.

Normally I would have ran 12 miles by now rounded off nicely by a long run on the Saturday, which by the way I fully intend to do. Whether its me feeling burnt out, the recent bout of insomnia and lack of appetite I have had or the fact I don't feel motivated as I also can't swim whilst the gym is having a refurb I do not know. Not even my new pair of running trousers that I found for a bargain price in a sale have given me any motivation to leave the house when I've been getting home.

I do know I have the Grim Reaper 40 mile Ultra Marathon coming up in ooohh 8 weeks and I'm no where near ready for it!


 Best give myself a big kick up the bum tomorrow morning and complete the 16 mile run I have planned.

 A boring blog I know but it will help me when I look back on my training and experiences so until my blog on the Trailblazer 10k on the 26th May for now that is all........



No comments:

Post a Comment